Curious about infusing cannabis into your meals but aren’t sure where to begin? Put on a pot of boiling water, and keep reading for ideas.
Medicated pasta sauces can be a great first step into the world of cooking with cannabis. They’re full of flavor yet straightforward; a fairly foolproof way for newbies to begin tinkering with their favorite strains of ganja in the kitchen.
Pasta sauces can be created to enhance the natural flavors and aromas of the cannabis flower, and the spices you choose can change the entire personality of your dish.
Once you get familiar with the basics, feel free to play around with flavors and dosing to create the perfect addition to your cannabis cooking arsenal.
Not Your Nonna’s Marinara Sauce
You can’t go wrong with a basic marinara. The robust flavors of tomato, onion, and garlic burst to the forefront of this recipe, co-existing with the cannabis instead of covering it up. Top with parmesan if you desire, though it’s certainly not necessary on a dish like this. Molto buono!
- 2 tablespoons of canna oil
- 1 cup of yellow onion (chopped)
- ½ cup of dry red wine
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 (28-ounce) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of parsley (chopped)
- Heat canna oil in a large saucepan. Add onion; saute until tender and translucent (about 5-10 minutes). Add the garlic, and cook for an addition 1-2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook on a medium-high heat, scraping up the flavorful bits of onion and garlic on the bottom of the pan. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, usually about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper, and parsley. Cover, and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
Read the rest of the article on Green Flower Media.