Is there a better way to get that warm and fuzzy feeling all over than by snuggling up with a bowl of delicious cannabis-infused soup?
We think not.
Give one of these recipes a try the next time you’re looking for something tasty to warm your body and soul.
Many of these recipes call for cannabutter, and you can find an easy recipe for that here.
Vermont Canna-Cheddar Ale Soup
This soup is a love letter to the Green Mountain State in a bowl. Vermont is known for its world-class cheddar cheese, and for being one of the OG states to embrace the cannabis lifestyle. This creamy, rich soup pays tribute to the newly legalized state in the best way possible.
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 tablespoons of cannabutter
- ½ cup of onion (minced)
- ¼ cup of carrot (minced)
- ¼ cup of celery (minced)
- 1 small bay leaf
- ⅓ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle of ale
- 2½ cups of milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1 pound of sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon on stovetop, and set aside. Crumble when cool enough to handle.
- Melt cannabutter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, and bay leaf; stir continuously until vegetables are tender and translucent (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add flour, and stir for about three minutes.
- Pour in ale, and whisk for about two minutes until bubbly and thickened. Whisk in milk, dry mustard, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, while stirring frequently.
- Lower heat, and add cheese one small handful at a time while whisking. Keep stirring until the cheese is fully melted, but don’t allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove from heat, and discard bay leaf. Garnish with bacon and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
Read the rest of the article on Green Flower.